Managed Detection and Response
Defend with confidence. Respond with precision.
The most complete MDR service in the market
THREAT HUNTING OVERVIEW
Protect your business from internal security risks & covert threats
Stay Ahead of Today's Security Challenges
We track, hunt, and eradicate threats. Our mission is to keep you steps ahead in a dynamic and complex cyber environment.
Improve your Threat Visibility
Connect your hybrid cloud operations and extract more value from your existing on-premise and cloud security infrastructure.
Detect and Respond Fast
Leverage our leading SecOps platform and work seamlessly with our cyber experts to detect and respond to threats with precision.
Boost your Security Posture
Don’t wait for alerts. Leverage our sophisticated threat hunters to eliminate persistent and embedded threats in your environment.
Why Organizations Choose Trustwave Managed Detection and Response
Best of Breed Solution Partnerships
We’re committed to connect your hybrid multi-cloud operations to help you realize greater value from your existing security investments, together with our partners.
2021 "Top Managed SOC" – Trustwave Recognized as a Microsoft Security 20/20 Partner Award Winner.
People & Intelligence
Cyber Security Experts
Future proof your security. Stay ahead of the most sophisticated attackers with a more sophisticated team of cyber experts on your side.
Global Threat Monitoring
24x7x365 eyes on glass from eight global security operations centers monitoring your environment.
Incident Triage & Containment
Security analysts monitor detections, contain immediate threats, and eliminate false-positives.
Investigation & Response
Investigators analyze complex threats and intrusions to coordinate swift response actions.
Tuning & Optimization
Security engineers sharpen the analytics, rules, and policies for optimal performance and detection.
Advanced Continual Threat Hunting
Discover how threat hunters find and eliminate active threats and vulnerabilities using hypothesis-based hunts.
SpiderLabs Security Research
Researchers track threat groups and dissect the tactics, techniques, and procedures of real-world attacks.
Digital Forensics Incident Response
Forensic investigators respond to a breach to identify the source, its impact, and to secure evidence.
Vulnerability and Penetration Testing
Skilled cyber experts dig deep into your IT infrastructure to manage your risk and exposure.
The Cyber Success Team
Your Success is Our Mission
Set it and forget it is for the other guys. Trustwave has a dedicated team of security professionals focused on improving your security posture. All day. Every day.
SpiderLabs Threat Hunters
- Decades of experience
- Intimate knowledge of your environment
- Performs hypothesis-driven, human-led proactive threat hunting
Information Security Advisors
- Tenured security expert
- Conducts architecture reviews and helps to guide your security policy
- Tailors threat intelligence to your environment and monitors dark-web activity
Global Threat Operators
- Monitors your environment for threats and anomalous behavior around the clock
- Acts immediately to triage and contain
- Stops threats from impacting your business
Client Success Manager
- Your service advocate and facilitator
- Leads managed security services productivity reviews
- Provides monthly performance reporting
Trustwave can help
Discover how the Trustwave Fusion Platform enables Managed Detection and Response
Trustwave Managed Detection and Response
Trustwave Managed Detection and Response is an enterprise-proven solution that combines a cloud-native security operations platform, integrated threat hunting, elite cyber experts, and SpiderLabs global threat intelligence. We integrate into your environment from multiple clouds, endpoints, and on-premise devices for unparalleled visibility and protection.
The Trustwave Fusion Platform
At the core of Trustwave’s Managed Detection and Response services are our cloud-native security operations platform. The Trustwave Fusion platform is purpose built for rapid threat detection and response with seamless integration to your security tools, your team, and our cyber experts.
The Right Telemetry at the Right Time
Out of the box capabilities. Collecting what matters, when it matters most.
Rapid Response, Powered by Automation
Executed by our experts or directly by you – for trusted and timely response.
Detection in Depth
Advanced threat detection with proprietary threat intel and hunting.
Client defined "rules of the road" guide responses and interaction.
World-Class People and Process
Where thousands of training hours meet millions of incidents handled.
Continuous Improvement and Transparency
Empowering you with mobile access, reporting, and customization.
Security Colony Included in Trustwave MDR
Now you have instant access to the tools you need to be proactive and improve your security maturity. Get the insights, implement the recommended action, and track your progress.
Daily Breach Monitoring
Vendor Risk Insights
Track your Security Maturity
Ask an Expert Security Forum
Resource and Educational Video Library
Trustwave Introduces Elevated Crowdsourcing to the Mix by Adding Security Colony into their New MDR Offerings
Frequently Asked Questions
Managed detection and response (MDR) is a security service that helps companies process and respond to alert data coming from various security tools in their environment. MDR helps companies identify benign alerts, or “false positives” and quickly home in on those that represent credible threats. Most MDR providers will then alert the client’s security team to the threat, leaving it to them to respond. Others will aid clients in responding to the incident.
MDR provides numerous benefits, including:
- Improve your threat visibility across your environment, including hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Eliminate active threats on a 24x7 basis
- Extract more value from your existing security solutions by making them more effective
- Detect and respond to threats more quickly, and with more precision
- Improve your security posture by finding sophisticated threats, including persistent threats and intruders who are embedded in your environment
- Augment your internal security team with additional security professionals
The benefits are so significant that Gartner estimates 50 percent of organizations will be using MDR services by 2025 and that the market is growing at a rate nearly five times that of other managed security service (MSS) offerings.
Investing in security solutions such as endpoint detection and response (EDR), security information and event management (SIEM), and security orchestration automation and response (SOAR) platforms is a wise choice. Each of them plays a crucial role in an overall cyber security strategy by generating alerts when they detect suspicious activity in your environment and helping you with threat management.
Often, however, the number of alerts they generate is too large for companies to effectively deal with, especially since most of them are false positives. That makes it difficult for organizations to filter through the alerts and find those that represent credible threats.
A good MDR provider will ingest high value telemetry from your existing security tools, correlate alerts coming from across the environment, eliminate false positives, and zero in on alerts that are indicative of an actual threat. So, an MDR service complements the security tools you already have, helping you parse the alerts they generate so you get more value from them.
Yes. Trustwave MDR can span hybrid cloud environments that include multiple cloud providers as well as on-premises infrastructure. It’s all configured to appear as a single logical environment to Trustwave, so alerts are correlated for investigation context across all of the infrastructure.
MDR helps you maximize investments in your various security tools and platforms by ensuring you get the value they are intended to provide. While it’s great to have EDR, SIEM, SOAR and other tools, they don’t really deliver value unless you can act on the alerts and other information they give you. That’s where many organizations fall short, because they simply don’t have enough security expertise in-house to monitor alerts 24x7. A good MDR provider acts as an extension of your security team, helping you monitor your security tools around the clock. The best providers also apply proprietary threat intelligence and help you remediate the threats your security tools identify. Ultimately, remediating threats is the way any security tool delivers value. MDR, then, helps ensure you derive the most value out of the tools you already paid for.
A number of attributes should be considered table stakes in an MDR provider. They include a good level of experience, including the number of years in the business and retention rates of security staff. Having the resources – in terms of both staff and security operations centers (SOCs) – to provide 24x7x365 coverage is likewise a must. A global presence is a significant benefit, even if you’re not a global company, because it gives the MDR provider visibility into emerging threats no matter where they originate. A provider with an active threat hunting team is likewise a plus for much the same reason: to provide proactive hunts for adversaries that evade detection by modern tools. (Ideally, those threat hunters should be able to identify both indicators of compromise and indicators of behavior.)
To help identify which providers have that kind of experience, consider asking the following questions:
- For how long has the vendor provided cybersecurity services?
- How does the vendor attract, retain, and train its people? What certifications have its security professionals earned?
- Is the provider able to respond to threats quickly and consistently or are there variances in the skillsets from one SOC – or analyst – to the next?
- Does it have processes in place that deepen its expertise beyond individual talent?
- What is the provider’s geographic and industry footprint? Does it have insights into the global threat landscape or is it more regionally or vertically focused?
- What threat intelligence sources are used in its service(s)? Does it have its own security research lab?
- Does the vendor take response actions? Is it included in the service offer or an extra expense? How does the vendor ensure it will not take any actions against your security policies?
- How well is the vendor recognized within the industry?
- Do its supported technologies/platforms align with your environment?
- How are you able to interact with the service? (Email? Ticketing? Phone? Mobile app?)
- What types of industry certifications and standards does the vendor use to assist with your compliance audit and maturity goals?
- Does the vendor offer adjacent managed services like threat hunting, digital forensics and incident response (DFIR), as well as consulting capabilities?
This could vary dramatically by provider. The best ones have well-defined on-boarding processes and procedures, helping clients quickly derive value from the service. Each Trustwave client, for example, has a dedicated Cyber Success Team that onboards clients in 10 days or less, then continually fine-tunes the environment for optimal performance and results. We think our onboarding process is such a differentiator that we produced an e-book to explain it in full.
To learn more, download the 2023 Gartner® Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response Services. You can also check out the 2022 Frost Radar™️: Global Managed Detection and Response Market report, for which Frost investigated more than 70 providers and named Trustwave among the top vendors. Frost also recognized Trustwave with its 2023 Company of the Year Award as best-in-class in the Americas for Managed and Professional Security services.